MEI Ecological Leadership Intensives 2016
Please read and share our call for interest in our 2016 Leadership Intensives. Our Ecology of Yoga Leadership Intensive is already underway, but there is time to register for the others. Past participants have called these intensives “life-changing,” “incredibly powerful” experiences that “will leave you feeling clarity, power, and the profound strength that comes from fully realizing your connectedness to the Earth.” These intensives combine practical, hands-on training with deep intellectual and spiritual engagement to address the great social and environmental challenges of our time.
Are you passionate about social change, sustainability, and social justice?
Interested in building hands-on skills in homesteading, permaculture, primitive wilderness survival, ecovillage planning, or organic farming?
Want to explore your inner strength and leadership through yoga, mindfulness meditation, and eco-psychology?
This year, Metta Earth Institute is offering four leadership programs:
Ecology of Yoga May 20 – June 4
Regenerative Community Design June 10 – 25
Integrative Permaculture Certification July 22 – August 6
Wilderness & Ecopsychology August 12 – 27
Join us for the Metta Earth Ecological Leadership Intensives, igniting our generation to bring forth a thriving, just, and sustainable world!
While each training has a different focus, all take a holistic approach to transforming the rampant environmental and social justice issues facing society today. We do this by providing participants with the knowledge, skills, and experiences to be effective leaders in their own communities. While each training will primarily delve into the main theme of the training, every program will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Develop transformative leadership skills to help grow and accelerate the ‘movement of movements’ emerging in our time
- Build specialized skills through hands on learning in organic gardening, animal husbandry, natural living, foraging, whole foods cooking and preserving, and farmstead lifeways.
- Balance active learning experiences and classes with the contemplative practices of yoga and meditation.
- Reconnect, energize, and gain new perspectives in the mountains of Vermont.
- Experience community life on a deeper level through immersion in an intentional community.
- Be inspired by skilled guest presenters and faculty.
- Catalyze change by putting these skills and knowledge into action.
** College credit available. We offer a limited number of scholarships, so please inquire!
For more information and specific information about each session, please visit our Facebook page.
If you are interested in attending this training, please contact email@example.com. Also, please feel free to share this opportunity with others you think may be interested!