DIRECTIONS TO METTA EARTH
334 Geary Road South
Lincoln, Vermont 05443
We Welcome Program Guests.
We also welcome visitors, but we request that you call or email ahead of time to arrange a time.
From the center traffic light in Bristol (the intersection of Main and North streets), it is 8.2 miles to the driveway:
- Drive East on Main Street (Rte 116 North) toward Starksboro for 1.5 miles.
- Turn right onto Lincoln Road and follow the road (and the river) up the mountain for 3.4 miles to the center of Lincoln. The river will be on your right and the Lincoln General Store will be on your left.
- Proceed straight past the store on Lincoln Rd. for just over 1 mile and turn right (immediately after crossing a bridge) onto the National Forest Road number 54.
- Follow this road (the river will again be on your right) for 1 mile until the road forks (Ripton Road branches off to the right) stay to the left up the short rise toward South Lincoln. At the top of the rise the road turns to dirt.
- Just under 1 mile from the Ripton Road fork you will come to a three-way intersection and see a prominent brown sign for Green Mountain National Forest trailheads.
- Follow the main road as it bends gently to the left for a short distance and then turn left onto Geary Road. Parking is 3/10 of a mile up Geary Road, the third driveway on the right, number 334.
From the Interstate:
From I-89, there are two options – one is a little bit longer, much flatter, and easier on your car. The other is a little quicker, breathtakingly beautiful, and quite steep at times (with decent brakes you should be fine). Please note, however, that the Gap Road is closed during the winter months (mid October to early May).
- From I-89, take exit 12 (Williston), and turn left onto Route 2A south.
- Route 2A ends at Route 116. Turn left onto Route 116 south
- Travel south many miles on Route 116, through Hinesburg and Starksboro.
- When you see Mary’s Restaurant and B&B on your left, at the junction of Routes 116 and 17, check your odometer.
- Continue south for 1.7 miles until you reach the turn for Lincoln.Turn left onto Lincoln Road and follow the directions above from #2 onward.
- From I-89, take exit 9 (Middlesex).
- Get onto Route 100B south, towards Moretown and Waitsfield.
- Route 100B becomes Route 100. Follow Route 100 south through Waitsfield, and past the turn for downtown Warren.
- Just past the Warren turn-off, take a right onto Lincoln Gap Road and follow up and up.
- From the top it is 2.3 miles to Geary Road. The top is paved, and then it will turn to dirt again on the way down. When the road once again turns to pavement, turn left onto Geary Road.
- Follow Geary Road for 1.3 miles to our driveway. You will pass through woods for most of the way until eventually it will open out into fields on both sides of the road, and as it does, you’ll see number 334 on your left.
Directions from Burlington International Airport:
- Upon exiting the Burlington Airport turn left onto Airport Rd., continue straight through a major intersection (crossing Rt. 2) at which point the road becomes Kennedy Drive.
- Follow Kennedy Drive for a short distance (less than a mile), at the second traffic light turn left onto VT Rt 116 and follow VT 116 for 25.9 miles towards Bristol, VT.
- Just before entering the town of Bristol turn Left onto Lincoln Rd. and follow this road along the river for 4 miles into the center of Lincoln (very small town).
- Stay on this “River Rd.” past the center of town for another mile and then turn right onto South Lincoln Rd. just after crossing a small bridge (South Lincoln Rd. is not marked, except by a forest service sign indicating that it is also forest service road number 54).
- Follow South Lincoln Road (along the river) for approximately 2 miles until you reach Geary Rd. South on your left.
- Turn onto Geary Rd. and proceed for 3/10ths of a mile. Metta earth Institute is on your right.