KITCHEN SOUP PROJECT
Farms to Kitchen to Communities
Distributing produce to stewards of the hearth
Stirring the pot…and providing food to those in need
- The farm provides a large percentage of organically grown, nutrient dense food, both fresh in season and preserved for the long winters.
- As a working farm and permaculture site, Metta Earth Farm facilitates educational experiences in carbon farming, restorative agriculture, plant medicine, and regenerative food systems.
- The farm also regularly offers food to the larger community with a small CSA, seasonal farm stand, small store, occasional sales to local schools and other markets, and seasonal donations to local food shelves.
Stirring soup on the hearth • Stirring happiness in the heart • Stirring hope on the Earth
GIFTS FROM PARTICIPATING FARMS
Kitchen Soup Project Process
— January 2022 —
- produce from local, participating organic farms (link)
- in season, when possible
- food preserved, canned, dried, frozen, root cellared, cold storage, as available
- items not grown here (such as legumes, salt, oil) purchased organic, non-GMO, and fair trade, local, if possible
- packaged with containers, labels, and produce, ready for pick up
Pick up & Prepare
- each neighbor picks up and takes home to make soup in their kitchen
- volunteers pick up from the neighbors
- and deliver to food shelves, food shelters, or other distribution sites
See the official website