Recipe: Easter Frittata
We hope you enjoy this frittata recipe that has been warming the kitchen lately at Metta Earth. It is a hearty dish for the springtime days before the vegetable garden begins growing. As always, we try to source organic and local ingredients whenever possible.
Easter Frittata from the Metta Earth Kitchen
Serves: 6 to 8 (9×12 casserole dish)
olive oil for sauteing
2 large onions, sliced
salt, pepper, and hot pepper to taste
18 eggs (or two per person, plus a few)
6 Tbsp milk (raw, if possible)
12-16 oz grated cheese
Optional: 1-2 cups quick-cooking seasonal vegetables you may have on hand, diced small.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sautée the onions at medium heat in a liberal amount of olive oil. Add salt, black pepper, and ground hot pepper to taste when onions are half the way to golden brown.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add the 6 tbsps of raw milk. Whisk vigorously to blend.
- Layer the onions and then 1/3 of the cheese into the bottom of the casserole pan. Add diced vegetables, if using.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheesy onions.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese into the dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and then finish at 375 for ten more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.